What is a cookie?
A cookie is an inoffensive file of text that stores in your Navigator every time that you visit a website. The function of the cookie is that the web is capable of remembering your visit when you come back to navigate the same page. Even though a lot of people don’t know, cookies have been used for the past 20 years; they appeared in the first browsers for the World Wide Web.
What is not a cookie?
It is not a virus, nor a Trojan, nor a worm, nor spam, nor spyware, and doesn’t open pop-up pages.
What information does a cookie store?
The cookies don’t store sensible information about you, like credit cards or banking data, photographs, your license, or personal information, etc. The data that it stores are of a technical character, personal preferences, personal content, etc.
The Web Server doesn’t associate you as a person if you haven’t used its website. In fact, if you usually navigate with Internet Explorer and try to navigate with Firefox or Google Chrome on the same website, you will see that the Web Server does not recognize you as the same person since in reality its associated to the browser and not the person.
What type of cookies exist?
- Technical cookies: These are the most elemental and allow, among other things, to know when a human or an automated application is navigating, when anonymous or non registered users are navigating and basic tools for the function of any dynamic web.
- Analytical cookies: They collect information on the type of navigation that you are realizing, the sections that you most use, the consulted products, the time range of use, the language, etc.
- Advertising cookies: They show the advertising in accordance to your navigation, you country of origin, language, etc.
What are personal cookies and those of a third party?
Personal cookies are generated by the page that you are visiting, and that of a third party are those generated by services or external suppliers like Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
What happens if I deactivate a cookie?
So that you understand what can happen when de-activating cookies we will show you some examples:
- You will not be able to share the contents of any web through Facebook, Twitter and/or any other social network.
- The website will not adapt to the contents of your personal preferences, like it occurs on other stores online.
- You will not be able to access the personal area of any web, like for example “My Profile” or “My Account” or “My Orders.”
- Shops online: It will be impossible for you to shop online, and will be obliged to shop through the telephone or by physically visiting the shop if you are able to access it.
- It will not be possible to personalize your geographical preferences like the time zones, currency or language.
- The website will not be able to realize analysis on visitors and traffic in the web, which will make it difficult for the web to be competitive.
- You will not be able to write on the blog, nor upload photographs, publish comments, assess nor evaluate content. The web will also not know if you are a human o fan automated application that publishes spam.
- The web will not be able to publish categorized advertisement, which will reduce the advertisement revenues of the web.
Can you deactivate cookies?
Yes. Not only can you deactivate them, but you can also block them in a general manner or a particular one for a specific address.
To eliminate cookies of a website you have to go to the configuration of your navigator and there you will be able to search for the associates of the domain in question and proceed to its elimination.
Configuration of cookies for the most popular browsers
We will indicate you how to access a determined cookie of the browser Chrome. Note: These steps can vary according to the version of the Browser:
- Go to Configuration or Preferences through the Archive menu or by clicking the personalization icon that appears on the top right of the screen of the Archive menu.
- You will see different sections. Click on the options Show Advanced Options.
- Go to Privacy, Configuration of Content.
- Select all the cookies and the data of websites.
- A list will appear with all the cookies organized by domain. So that it is easier to look for the cookies of a particular domain, introduce the partial or total content including the Word “cookies” in the Search box.
- By realizing this search various lines with the cookies asked for will appear on the web. Now you just have to select the particular cookie and click the ‘X’ button to proceed with its elimination.
To access the configuration of the cookies of the Browser Internet Explorer follow these steps. Note: These steps can vary according to the version of the Browser:
- Go to Tools, Internet Options.
- Click on Privacy.
- Scroll until you adjust the level of privacy that you want.
To access the configuration of the cookies of the Browser Firefox follow these steps. Note: These steps can vary according to the version of the Browser:
- Go to Options or Preferences depending on your operational system.
- Click on Privacy.
- In History choose a personalized configuration for your record.
- Now you will see the option Accept Cookies. You can activate it or deactivate it according to your preferences.
To access the configuration of the cookies of the Browser Safari for OSX follow these steps. Note: These steps can vary according to the version of the Browser:
- Go to Preferences and then Privacy.
- You will see the options Block Cookies to adjust the type of blocking that you want to realize.
To access the configuration of the cookies of the Browser Safari for OIS follow these steps. Note: These steps can vary according to the version of the Browser:
- Go to Adjustments, and then Safari.
- Go to Privacy and Security. You will see the option Block Cookies to adjust the type of blocking that you want to realize.
To access the configuration of the cookies for Android devices follow these steps. Note: These steps can vary according to the version of the Browser:
- Go on the Navigator and click on Menu and then Adjustments.
- Go to Security and Privacy. You will see the option Accept Cookies which will allow you to activate or deactivate them.
To access the configuration of the cookies for Windows Phones follow these steps. Note: These steps can vary according to the version of the Browser:
- Open Internet Explorer, then More, and finally Configurations.
- Now you can activate or deactivate the box Allow Cookies.
Cookies used in this website
This website uses the following cookies:
- Cookies of session, to guaranty that the users that write comments in the blog are humans and not automated applications. Like this we fight spam.
- Cookies of persistence, to register the products that have been added to the Shopping cart of an interior access, to recall the preferences of the users like with language, city or currency, to store technical information that is not personal for the functionality of the web.
- This web utilizes cookies of internal use for the function of the web. Specifically to allow the authentication of the user, the maintenance of the session when navigating though the page and the purchasing of a product. The deactivation of these cookies, through the blocking of cookies in the options of the Navigator, can impede the correct functioning of some of the functionalities of the web.
This website uses the following third party cookies:
- Google Analytics: Stores cookies to be able to elaborate statistics about traffic and volume of visits to this web. Utilizing this website consists on the treatment of the information about you by Google. Therefore, the exercise of any right in this sense will have to be directly communicated to Google.
- Social Networks: Each Social Network uses its own cookies so that you can click buttons such as ‘Like’ or ‘Share.’
- This web offers the users contents supplied by third party suppliers.
Deactivation or elimination of cookies
At any moment you can exercise your right to deactivate or eliminate cookies of this website. These actions are realized in a different fashion according to the Browser that you are using. Here we leave you a Fast guide for the most popular Browsers.
- Not this website nor its legal representatives are responsible of the content nor the veracity of the policies of privacy that the third parties mentioned can have in this discussion of cookies.
- The web Browsers are the tools in charge of storing the cookies and front this point you will have to make your right to eliminate of deactivate them. Not this website not its legal representatives can guaranty the correct or incorrect manipulation of cookies through the use of the mentioned Browsers.
- In some cases it is necessary to install cookies so that the Navigator doesn’t forget its decision to not accept them.
- In the case of cookies that are Google Analytics, this company stores cookies in servers located in the United States and they undertake to share them with third parties, except in the cases where they are necessary in the functioning of the system or when the law obliges such an effect. According to Google, the company doesn’t keep your IP address. Google Inc. is a company that is part of “el Acuerdo de Puerto Seguro,” that guaranties that all transferred data will be treated with a level of protection according to European rules. You can receive more information by clicking the link below. If you Desire information about the use that Google gives to cookies you can consult this other link.
- For any other doubts or concerns about the policies of cookies please do not doubt in contacting us through our contact section.